Aiming to have a balanced meal but running short of time or finding it inconvenient to carry it while travelling to work?
Let’s try making a recipe complete, balanced; healthy which is also tasty and convenient to carry.
• Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
• Pearl millet flour - 1 cup
• Bengal gram flour – ½ cup
• Roasted mixed seeds powder (fennel/flax/pumpkin/sesame/sunflower/hemp/chia/cucumber/muskmelon) – 2 tbsp
• Fenugreek leaves – 1 cup
• Coriander leaves – ½ cup
• Mint leaves – ½ cup
• Green chilli paste - as preferred
• Ginger paste – as preferred
• Pickle (to be mixed in the dough) – as preferred to bring flavour
• Rock salt – as required
• Curd (made from Indian cow’s milk) – 2-3 cups to bind the dough
• Filtered oil – as required for roasting
Mix all the ingredients using curd to bind it into a dough. Roll them out and roast with minimum oil to make Parathas.
Top 10 reasons as to how this recipe is complete, balanced and healthy.
1. Whole wheat and pearl millet - whole grain cereals - provide complex carbs, dietary fibre, vitamins, minerals.
2. Bengal gram - pulse - provides protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals.
3. The cereal-pulse combination ensures our body gets the right protein profile. Makes it complete.
4. Seeds - contain like omega-3, omega-6, lignans, essential amino acids making it a rich source of fibre, protein, healthy fats and antioxidants.
5. Greens leafy vegetables - fibre, vitamins and minerals.
6. Ginger - aids in digestion – medicinal properties.
7. Pickle – adds flavour – probiotic bacteria, vitamins, minerals.
8. Rock salt - contains 84 minerals.
9. Curd – protein, calcium, vitamins.
10. Filtered oil – healthy fats – help absorb fat soluble vitamins.
P.S - Ideal for Breakfast/Packed-Lunch/Dinner.