Child Nutrition 26 December 2017
How important is proper nutrition for a child? I think as much as education is. Let’s understand why.
Every child is unique and should never be compared to another child. Remember the child carries its parental genes, is raised in a specific family environment and has his/her own likes and dislikes to certain foods. Also at every stage, the needs of a growing child keep changing and so do their preferences.
Just like children are tempted to eat junk food because of peer pressure and TV commercials, they can also be convinced (not enforce) to eat a healthy and balanced meal. A healthy diet provides proper nutrition which can help children -
maintain healthy weight
stabilize their energy
sharpen their mind
avoid certain health problems
supports growth and development
supports mental & emotional wellbeing
improves focus and balance
To instil healthy eating habits and give your kids an opportunity to grow into healthy, confident adults book an appointment by leaving a message.
Balanced Meal Simplified 11 January 2018
Aiming to have a balanced meal but running short of time or finding it inconvenient to carry it while travelling to work?
Let’s try making a recipe complete, balanced; healthy which is also tasty and convenient to carry.
• Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
• Pearl millet flour - 1 cup
• Bengal gram flour – ½ cup
• Roasted mixed seeds powder (fennel/flax/pumpkin/sesame/sunflower/hemp/chia/cucumber/muskmelon) – 2 tbsp
• Fenugreek leaves – 1 cup
• Coriander leaves – ½ cup
• Mint leaves – ½ cup
• Green chilli paste - as preferred
• Ginger paste – as preferred
• Pickle (to be mixed in the dough) – as preferred to bring flavour
• Rock salt – as required
• Curd (made from Indian cow’s milk) – 2-3 cups to bind the dough
• Filtered oil – as required for roasting
Mix all the ingredients using curd to bind it into a dough. Roll them out and roast with minimum oil to make Parathas.
Top 10 reasons as to how this recipe is complete, balanced and healthy.
1. Whole wheat and pearl millet - whole grain cereals - provide complex carbs, dietary fibre, vitamins, minerals.
2. Bengal gram - pulse - provides protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals.
3. The cereal-pulse combination ensures our body gets the right protein profile. Makes it complete.
4. Seeds - contain like omega-3, omega-6, lignans, essential amino acids making it a rich source of fibre, protein, healthy fats and antioxidants.
5. Greens leafy vegetables - fibre, vitamins and minerals.
6. Ginger - aids in digestion – medicinal properties.
7. Pickle – adds flavour – probiotic bacteria, vitamins, minerals.
8. Rock salt - contains 84 minerals.
9. Curd – protein, calcium, vitamins.
10. Filtered oil – healthy fats – help absorb fat soluble vitamins.
P.S - Ideal for Breakfast/Packed-Lunch/Dinner.
We aim at holistic health and overall wellness through nutritional correction and lifestyle modification with comprehensive individual assessment, offering long-term sustainable results aiming at creating balance. Health is defined as a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity*. Also, according to Yoga, a human being is not just the body but an entity comprising a body, mind, intellect, spirit and all of them are interlinked influencing one another. We believe every individual is unique having specific lifestyle pattern and health condition. Hence a typical consultation will lead to a Systematic Comprehensive Customized Lifestyle Plan, guiding the what/when/how of food water sunlight breathing and exercise rest and relaxation We also conduct workshops/seminars on Nutrition, Health & Wellness. P.S - We do not recommend any Brand, Product, Pills, MRP’s (Meal Replacement Powders), Gadgets, Crash Diet or Starvation. We neither believe in fads nor make any unsubstantiated claims! *as per WHO
Welcome to Urvi's Nutri-Diet eClinic. Nutritionist Urvi Shah is in Chennai, and is one of the best Online Nutritionists in Chennai. She can guide you on how to lose fat, how to increase muscle and how to reach Ideal Body Composition through her customized diet charts. You can view the testimonials of clients who have had excellent results working with us, and often term our service as the best fat-loss diet in Chennai. Are you looking for online diet charts, online diet consultation or an online dietician? We can help you - Just begin with registration here, and you can consult us online.